Coronavirus has made its impact on various countries, and it is still spreading. There are a lot of confirmed COVID-19 cases that are rising sharply. Those who are experiencing mild symptoms further spreading the disease because of leaving the house unnecessarily during the time of shut down. Many health experts are requesting everyone for practising social distancing within the households to minimize the effect of this infectious disease.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, offices and schools are currently closed; making all the individuals and families staying at home. Despite shutdowns, health care experts urge everyone to follow the steps for avoiding COVID-19; as epidemiologists believe that most of the people may get infected with this viral disease, those having low immunity.
The common symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- Fever (having a body temperature above 37.8°C)
- Continuous cough
- Difficulty in breathing
- Pain and Aches
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, then you should self-isolate immediately; to keep from transmitting the disease to other members. The people under the mild conditions category may not require medical attention; however, they can use the COVID-19 checking tools available to confirm and follow further instructions to minimize the risk. Do not have any visitors at your home when you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms and wear a mask when you are around other members of your family.
- You should wash the hands frequently.
- When you are having a cough, put a tissue on your mouth, and immediately throw the tissue away after the usage in a plastic bag.
- Clean the frequently touched areas on a daily basis or several times within a day.
- Do not share your personal items with others such as towels, dishes, and bedding.
- Make sure about the cleaning of your clothes properly.
- Limit your contact with the pets at the time of sickness.
Treating Coronavirus symptoms at home
At the time of fever
- If you are experiencing a high fever, then you should take a fever reducer like acetaminophen to see the effect of the medicine on your body.
- While having fevers, you will face more sweating; which means there will be a loss of water in your body. Thus, it is recommended to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
- To fight against the deadly virus, your body may require more energy; so take complete rest.
When having a cough
- You need to sip on drinks the entire day which will keep the throat moist, comfortable, and hydrated.
- To break the mucus build-up on your throat, you should drink warm beverages such as tea or broth for keeping the throat and upper airway moist.
- Drinking hot water with honey will also be an added advantage to heal a sore throat and soothe it.
- You can also use a hot shower, vaporizer or humidifier for making steam that will help in soothing your throat and open-up airways to ease the breathing.
- It is also advisable to gargle your throat using warm water and salt to cure a sore throat.
- For the purpose of minimizing the pain from coughing, you should eat frozen treats to soothe your throat.
- You can also use cough medicine, hard candies, and lozenges to suppress the cough making your throat moist.
During shortness of breath
- You should take slow breaths which will help you start breathing properly.
- Try using meditation techniques to calm your body and make you breathing normal.
Are you having any of the Coronavirus symptoms? Then consult Blog Hub for proper guidance regarding the virus.