Due to COVID-19, government of all states made this mandatory to wear face mask. As we know that cough droplets can spread the COVID-19 and we can block such droplets by using face mask. . They are designed in such a way that they cover nose and mouth with ear loops or strands that can be tied at the back of head. There are many different types of face masks such as dental, surgical, fabric or laser masks. So you need to choose the best one according to your needs. However, it is suggested to use only those masks that are approved by FDA. If you want to use a face mask for COVID-19 then you can choose N95 face mask, or you can choose a mask which has three protective layers.
In recent times, where situation of Covid-19 pandemic has spread its roots all around the world, using face masks is highly essential to prevent COVID-19 virus. Each country’s government has laid down few guidelines in order to protect their people from getting affected by Covid-19 infection; these guidelines include maintaining physical distance, using face mask, well ventilated and clean rooms, washing and keeping hands clean, and avoiding crowded places or social gatherings.
What are Different Types of Masks?
There are broadly three types of masks – Surgical masks, N95 masks, and Fabric masks. To prevent COVID-19, you can use such N-95 face mask.
- Surgical Masks: They are also known as medical masks. It also protects others by limiting their exposure to the saliva and respiratory secretions of wearer. It filters out large particles during inhalation.
- N95 Masks: It is a type of respirator that offers more protection than surgical masks as it filters out both small and large particles during inhalation. These masks are designed to block 95% of small particles. They are equipped with some valves that release the unfiltered air during exhalation. They are also disposable.
- Fabric Masks: These are made from tightly woven cotton or other materials that are easily available. It is designed with multiple layers of fabric to trap the droplets of infection when the wearer coughs, sneezes or talks. Using face mask made from fabric has proved to be highly beneficial in reducing the spread of Covid-19. While surgical and N95 masks are sometimes short in supply, these cloth or fabric masks are easily available and people can also reuse such mask.
How to Wear Face Mask?
Using face mask is highly when you are imperative around unknown people and in public areas where social distancing is hard to follow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before you touch the face mask.
- Take it out from box and check if the face mask has any holes or not.
- Determine which side of face mask is front and which is back, so that you can wear it properly.
- Now place the face mask over your nose and mouth and tie at the back of head with the help of bands or put the loops around your ears.
Tips To Follow While Using Face Mask
There are certain precautions to be taken while using face mask which are as follows:
- If your mask has become wet or dirty, then take a new one.
- While removing, untie or lift them off from the loops without touching the front part of mask.
- Always wear a surgical mask if you are over 60, or have any medical condition or simply feeling unwell.