Urinary Incontinence as a problem has had a perfect stand in the field of medical science because this disorder has finally found its cure where one can uproot it entirely from their system.
Isn’t it great news? Most people, mostly women, because this disease is mainly found in that gender group the most, have been worried throughout and spending sleepless nights in the fear that the physical problem they are facing will stay with them lifelong?
But medical science has finally rescued them by giving solutions in treatments with such significant effects that you will feel that you never had these problems.
Types Of Urinary Incontinence
Having sound knowledge about the kind of incontinence problem you face comes in handy to be aware of the type of medical assistance it requires. There is quite a wide variety of incontinence that people suffer from, so without any further ado, let us start by knowing each one of them in detail:
- Stress Incontinence – We often cough, laugh and even sneeze, but while doing any of this, if we face the problem of urine leakage, then we know what we suffer from. This problem happens only post-pregnancy or menopause. This problem becomes a tad bit severe before your menstrual cycle.
- Urge Incontinence – If there is a sudden urge to urinate without having that sensation a couple of minutes before and the sudden urgency is so much that there is leakage, then the problem you are facing is urge incontinence. Such a scenario can also take place while you are sleeping. Inability to control the urge to urinate takes place because the nerves of the bladder have been damaged.
- Overactive Bladder – This problem can be identified when the nerves send abnormal signals to the bladder leading to the muscles squeezing at the wrong timings. The overactive bladder has many symptoms, and they urge incontinence, urinary frequency, and urinary urgency. It is essential that once these symptoms start showing up, you know what you are suffering from.
- Functional Incontinence – This category of incontinence is interrelated to several other problems that a person is facing. People having trouble moving around or are physically disabled if they have this problem, then the situation worsens, and then what they face can be defined as functional incontinence. One extreme example of this would be a person who has Alzheimer faces the problem of sudden urgency to urinate but often forgets the way to the washroom.
- Overflow Incontinence – This problem only occurs when there is a problem in emptying the bladder, thereby increasing the risk of spilling over. This again can take place in case of weak muscles in and around the bladder.
These are some of the most popular types of urinary incontinence, and the big news is that all these subtypes have a medical cure. Still, only you need to be aware of which sub-category problem you face to know the medical assistance that is coming your way. There is no shortage of knowledge on urinary incontinence, grab whatever comes your way because this problem can happen to anybody, so it is always a good idea to have sound knowledge on it.
Available Treatments for Urinary Incontinence
There are quite an available variety of treatments, but each patient should know which form of therapy focuses on what aspect of urinary incontinence. To have complete knowledge, let us focus on the various treatments so that you will have prior knowledge about which treatment will suit you best:
- Kegel Exercises – The doctor’s suggestion to anybody suffering from an overactive bladder is to maintain a diary about how many times you need to go to the washroom or the points of irritation or sensation uneasiness of the bladder. Keeping all these records in the diary helps your doctor clearly understand the symptoms and the problems you are facing. It is more of a behavioral treatment that eventually enables you to strengthen your muscles that prove effective in controlling your urine and solving your problems.
- Medicines – Several medicines are available to tighten the muscles that would block the nerve cells responsible for frequent urination and constant urge. Several other drugs help in relaxing the muscles surrounding the bladder and preventing bladder spasms. Whatever be the cause of irritation, there are always ways to avoid them and even control them with the correct dose of incontinence medicines.
- Neuromodulation – Sometimes, as per the complication that a patient suffers from, drugs and medicines are no good. The stimulation of the nerves then is probably one of the effective and best things to do. This therapy is defined as neuromodulation, and the device needed for this therapy is InterStim. But before one can go forward with this therapy, it is essential to note whether this form of therapy will work for you or not, and once the test for determining so is over, one can always proceed with it.
- Surgery – Though surgery is not one of the first options that doctors prefer, depending on the complications that a patient is dealing with, surgery is considered. In most cases, surgery is practiced for stress incontinence. However, surgery is not at all that complicated as the name suggests; in fact, it’s an effortless operation that helps you to get rid of this problem completely.
People suffering from urinary incontinence can now be relieved because this disease has a cure and with time and a careful medical procedure there is hope that this can be uprooted from your system.
However, in spite of knowing that medical aid is available to cure this what people must know is the type and category of incontinence that they are facing because medical treatment is available only as per the kind of incontinence that you are suffering from.
So now you can stop worrying about the health problems that you are dealing with and relax because whatever be the problem, there is some kind of treatment available waiting right here for you that you will be most comfortable with.