Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet because of its numerous benefits. It contains antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on our body like brain function improvement, fat loss, lowering of cancer risk, and many other. Drinking three to five cups of green tea per day seems to be optimal to reap the most health benefits.
- Green tea burns fat and increase physical performance
Green tea has been shown to boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree.
- Green tea contains bioactive compounds that improves health
Green tea is loaded with polyphenol antioxidants, including a catechin called EGCG. These antioxidants can have various beneficial effects on health.
- Green tea includes compounds that improve brain functions
Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work synergistically with caffeine to improve brain function.
- Green tea includes antioxidants that lowers the risk of cancer
Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer. Multiple studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of various types of cancer.
- Green tea can protect brain in old age, lowering risks of Alzeimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease
The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on the brain. They may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
- Green tea can kill bacteria, which lowers the infection and improves dental health
The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses. This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
- Green tea lowers the risk of type II Diabetes
Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels. It may also lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Green tea may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disorders
Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation. Observational studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Green tea can help in weight loss and lowers the risk of Obesity
Some studies show that green tea leads to increased weight loss. It may be particularly effective at reducing the dangerous abdominal fat.
- Green tea may help you live longer
Studies show that green tea drinkers are likely to live longer than non-tea drinkers.
All in all, Sipping tea helps you slow down and relax, Reardon says. A natural chemical called theanine found in green tea can provide a calming effect.